Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review of Nitenpyram

Warm weather is here and so are the fleas.  This is Georgia, I do believe is the home of the fleas.  They are notorious and they find their way to my dogs and house without a problem.  I am always looking for ways to treat flea infestation.  I have tried.  But I know I need to be consistent in the war against fleas.

What I did find last year was Nitempyram.  I started with Capstar.  But Capstar is very expensive.  and I have 7 pitbulls to protect.  They all get flea infestation.  I found out about Nitempyram by searching for Capstar on eBay.  The cost is much better. Nitempyram is suppose to be the generic version of Capstar.

I bought it from ebay user Mr.Zipp for $11.00 for 6 tablets.  and since Toot is with puppies and nursing, I wont give her any.  There are two version of Nitempyram.  One for under 25 lbs dogs or puppies, and the other is for dogs over 25 lbs.  Your dog or puppy must be at least 2 lbs to give this treatment to and can only be given once a day.  Must be given with full meal.

It seems to work.  So I give them the treatment at least once per week.  The treatment only last up to 2 days.  Once it passes out of their system, it's gone and no longer effective.  But it does start to work in 30 mins.  It only kills adult fleas and does not prevent them.

Mr.Zipp from ebay Nitenpyram 

I bought this version of Nitenpyram from eBay to.  and it kinda scared me.  Because it must be a stronger version because it had all my dogs panting more than usual.  So I will not be buying this again.



No comments:

Post a Comment