Friday, August 30, 2013

Dog mating season

My two female pitbulls were in heat, not too long ago.  And oh boy it's my first time experiencing how the male dogs reacts to their scent.  Toot gave birth to 12 pups and 5 of them we kept.  One died, Bela. and so now we have only four of her pups, 3 boys and 1 girl. and they are almost one year old.  And the Princess, recently was in heat and the boys went crazy over her scent and fought.

Chopper, our hog hunter from Lizella Ga, tried to kill my Rico.  the only thing that broke them apart was, I poured a bucket of water (their drinking water) on them.  It was then I realized that my Rico have this big ass razor cut on his face.  and I don't have the money to get it stitch.  It's been 3 days now and I still haven't been able to save enough money for him to see a vet.  So I decided to get him some raw golden seal from Willow Tree in downtown Macon for $11.50 per ounce.    So hopefully that will prevent from infections and boost his immune system for speedy recovery.

ounce of Golden Seal

Rico and his lacerated face

so he's been chilling in my room and I don't have the heart to tell him to get off my bed.  
Yup, his been sleeping on my bed.
Hopefully he'll heal quickly.

So, it's really important to separate the male dogs from each other, when your female dogs are in heat.  My goal is now to save enough money for the girls to get fix.

I also realized that middle Georgia are in desperate need of free emergency treatment for dogs or other animals.  Man, if I hit the lottery, I'm funding such an organization.



No comments:

Post a Comment