Sunday, June 30, 2013

Is Goldenseal good for dogs?

I've heard all of the miracle effects of golden seal but I've always been skeptic about it.  But one of my pitbull have had this open sore on him for couple of months or more, and it seems like its not going anywhere any time.  I've tried apple cider vinegar, antibiotic ointments, but nothing seems to budge.  I took him to a vet, but he was too busy to see him that day.  And my funds haven't allowed me to return.  My friend recommended that I use goldenseal on his open sore.  I do have some raw goldenseal root that he has given me.  So I boiled some water and I added about a table spoon full of goldenseal in a cup and poured the boiling water and let it get cooler.  I then cut up a clean washcloth in six pieces and everyday I dip a piece of washcloth in the cup and patted it on his sore.  I did this for a week, and I am amazed at  result.  I stopped the treatment after a week and his sore is still healing and scabbing well.  His open sore began the size of a ring worm to 3 inches in diameter.  It was really gross.  But thanks to golden seal, its all better now.

My Chopper, the hog hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment